Can You Dip It Video Showdown
The American Galvanizers Association (AGA) announces a new competition in partnership with the American Insitute of Architects Students (AIAS). Show your creativity, school pride, and what you know about hot-dip galvanizing by taking on the Can You Dip It Showdown! Need an idea? Check out the AGA YouTube page and Galvanized Steel Studies playlist to get the ball rolling.
2016 Challenge Winners
Congratulations to New Jersey Institute of Technology on their amazing video! Watch the winning video and all of the other entries through the AGA's YouTube channel. NJIT will have bragging rights and the sweet Can You Dip It trophy on their campus all year.
#DipThis 2017 Challenge
Think your school or AIAS chapter is the best? Prove it by submitting your most creative video to the Can You Dip It Showdown for your chance to win $2,000 for your AIAS school chapter! Register for the Showdown by filling out the form today, and then submit your video by November 15, 2017.
The top video in each Quad will receive $500. One winner from each Quad will be chosen to be in the finals at Forum 2017 and the best video will win:
- $2,000 for your AIAS school chapter
- Galvanized Trophy (traveling trophy - passed on each year)
- Bragging rights as the best chapter and coolest quad at AIAS Forum
Competition Rules & Guidelines
The goal of this Showdown is to have fun, bond as a chapter, and maybe learn a little about hot-dip galvanized steel along the way. Videos will be submitted to the AGA's YouTube Channel for voting/viewing. Voting will be ongoing during November/December, and the top video of each Quad will be selected for the Final Showdown at Forum.
Your video must be/include:
- Your own creative work - show some personality; Creativity Counts!
- Introduction to your AIAS Chapter - similar to the creativity used during "Role Call" at AIAS events
- Minimum of 1 minute; Maximum of 5 minutes
- Tagged with #DipThis
- Show an example of a galvanized project OR an example of a corroded project (one that could have benefited from galvanizing)
- Content must not contain any illegal activities and be PG/PG-13 in nature (keep it professional)
- Content must not contain any copywritten audio or music
- Play or Skit
- Music Video
- Galvanized Steel Study
- Interview/Talk with a galvanizer
- Tour of a galvanizing plant/facility
- Interview/Talk with a specifier
- What have you done in school that has included galvanizing
- And More!
Remember Creativity Is Key. Show us your Personality, School Pride, and Individuality!
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2017