Call for Papers
The American Galvanizers Association (AGA) needs your insight and expertise, and requests your submissions.
TechForum 2016, to be held in New Orleans., October 4-6, continues the tradition of offering technical presentations of topics important to the galvanizing industry, including a variety of presentations organized around technological advancements. TechForum provides a venue to discuss and learn about advancements in the galvanizing industry, and topics include a wide variety of issues such as:
Also, corrosion and coating performance are always subjects that will interest all of the attendees. So gather your facts, write your discussion, and bring on your conclusions to the AGA TechForum and let the hot-dip galvanizing industry get a chance to hear what you have to say.
Following is a list of general requirements, should you wish to submit a paper:
Presentations should be 20 to 30 minutes in length MAXIMUM.
DEADLINE: An abstract should be submitted to TechForum program committee by August 7 to be considered.
A written paper supporting your presentation must be submitted to the AGA by September 30.
Please fax them to 720-554-0909, ATTN: Tom Langill or e-mail to email@example.com. For more information on TechForum papers and presentations, please contact technical director Dr. Langill, at 720-361-4486 or via the email address above.
TechForum Speaker Guidelines
- An abstract of the presentation is to be provided for consideration to the AGA staff by the deadline established. If not received by the deadline, the presentation will not be considered.
- The content of the presentation must be provided to the AGA staff at least three weeks prior to the date of the presentation. If not, the presentation may be cancelled, may not appear in the compilation of presentations provided to each attendee, or both.
- The content of the presentation may not contain any negative reference to any AGA member companies or companies eligible for membership. This excludes commenting on competitors to the hot-dip galvanizing process.
- The AGA staff shall review each presentation and have the prerogative to remove any overt commercialism contained in the material. The content of the presentation shall not contain multiple references to the name of the company/affiliated companies.
- All presentations are to be given within the timeframe allotted by the AGA. In order to keep the conference on track, the speaker may be asked to truncate the presentation.
- Any text/photo materials to be handed out by the speaker prior to or after the presentation are to be reviewed and approved by the AGA staff.
- The AGA reserves the right to duplicate any presentation for distribution via hard copy or electronic media, unless otherwise specified by the speaker prior to submission of the abstract.
- Speakers are encouraged to give their talks – commercial free – and with definable science where appropriate. The AGA will not in any way endorse the content of the presentations.